[tweetmeme source=”equalman” only_single=false http://socialnomics.net/%5D
comScore recently released some interesting social media statistics on Brazil, the world’s 5th most populated country.
Social media insights in Brazil include:
- Traffic to Social Networking sites grew 51% in the past year, with sites in the category currently reaching more than 36 million visitors age 15 and older
- Facebook experienced triple-digital growth, increasing its audience 479% in the past year
- Traffic to Orkut grew 30% in the past year, while Twitter climbed 86%
- Twitter.com reached 23% of the entire Brazilian online population, the highest penetration in the world
- Visitation to the Blogs category grew 48% to 29 million visitors. Blogger ranked as the top blog destination with more than 21 million visitors