[tweetmeme source=”equalman” only_single=false http://socialnomics.net%5DWe thought the above video “Social Media Saves Valentine’s Day” would be a great reminder for all of us that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
Top 7 Social Media Tips to be a Valentine’s Day Hero:
- LinkedIn Look up your significant other’s work address and send them flowers. Getting flowers at home is nice, but getting them in the office where co-workers can be jealous is even better.
- GroupOn/Living Social: There will be incredible Valentine’s Day deals coming from these players and others (Daily Candy, Travelzoo, etc.). Great for a last minute planner, and if you are reading this now you are last minute.
- Yelp: Make sure that the restaurant you selected is indeed romantic. Check what others are saying about it and how they rate it.
- TripAdvisor with Facebook Connect: Make sure you are logged into Facebook and the site will tell you others that have stayed at a hotel and that are also friends with you on Facebook. It’s a good way to find out if the hotel is truly romantic.
- Twitter: Tweet the restaurant or hotel ahead of time and you can usually get special treatment when you show up. Make sure you get the person’s name and ask for them when you arrive. Also, if your significant other is on Twitter make sure to schedule a Tweet wishing them a Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Facebook: Make sure to post Happy Valentine’s Day to that someone special. And also look to see if anyone else has wished them a Happy Valentine’s Day.
- eHarmony: Good place to find a date.
It’s a new world, but people on Valentine’s Day have always wanted to be recognized and appreciated…social media makes this simple. Enjoy the video and Happy Valentine’s Day!
By Erik Qualman